Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday, April 15, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                                                   - 265 days

Happy 23rd birthday to my nephew Michael Aaron. It seems like just yesterday we were playing games together… Now, you are a dad!  I hope all is well…

Well, it’s Tuesday which is a nice day to start a short workweek.  Yesterday back pain and a bad headache kept me from coming into work. I didn’t even feel like blogging and I had my computer with me. When you don’t feel good, life is not that fun so I just tried to get some rest and not be in pain.

I was talking the other night to this guy I had just met at the tavern and we were discussing alimony and how it sucks here in California and then this off-duty waitress/bartender decides to chime in and say how she is tired of hearing this story over and over. I told he that I was not speaking to her and she said I can’t help but overhearing you once again. I said, if you had just paid someone over $75,000 for doing nothing at all to deserve it, you would be pissed off too. She blabbered something again in her drunken cadence and then turned away and starting talking to someone else. Well, I guess we all know who will be getting crapping tips from now on. It’s not like her service was any good to begin with, but we will see how well she behaves when she is sober and working.

Snoopy got a bath the other day from me. She was smelling pretty funky on the floor next to me so I took her into the tub and gave her a nice bath using some of my Tres Somme’ (sp?) shampoo. She smelled nice when complete and I love watching her roll around on the towel on the floor afterwards. No matter how many times I see that, I still crack up! That there was some quality entertainment!  J

I saw a buddy of mine playing a guitar gig at a local bar and grill spot just north of LAX this weekend. We hadn’t seen each other in quite some time and it was good to see him jamming once again. I mentioned some gigs years ago he played at and he didn’t realize that I knew him for so long. I reminded him that I took my photos of his bands playing way back then, way before phones in cameras and every other electronic gizmo there is. Back in the old school days when I had to buy film and then get it developed and have copies made. Now a days with digital cameras it is instant gratification. You can shoot the photo, copy it and put on-line before I could even get my film reloaded. Kids don’t realize how different life is with all the electronic gadgets that are available to them. I guess I’m starting to sound like the old guys when I was a kid, you young whippersnappers! I am really surprised that the word “whippersnappers” is even in the electronic dictionary!  Good for them!  I might use that term a lot more often! J

Did anyone go outside to witness the Lunar Eclipse last night or early this morning?  Me neither. I’ve seen them before in the past and now a days you can just catch the recap online.  I actually woke up in time to witness it live, but opted to fall back asleep for a little while longer. I think it ended at 4:55AM here, and I was up, but I was in the bathroom doing my morning workday routine getting ready for going into work. There are some nice photos online, which is perfectly fine with me. I can start catching these events live soon enough after I retire.

I just had a nice conversation with a nice officer here at work. Such a pleasant person to speak with, which is a real rarity here.  Most peeps here I try to avoid, but this was a nice change for once to meet and speak with a nice individual. I have some more hope for us humans!  J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clues:

Name = Pellet gun ammo, and Emperor
Guitar player with his guitar named “Lucille
Can’t play one chord
Blues Icon

Answer:   ???
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: Vision-challenged cantaloupe

Answer: Blind Melon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues: 

70’s Game Show
Peter Marshall
Charlie Weaver
Paul Lynde
Tic Tac Toe

Answer:  ???
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  

1980’s TV show
Considered the “primary or first string players”
Black Van
Gold chains

Answer: The A Team

Of course, Tim B got both the above answers correctly identified. Nice job once again!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  Who was Michael’s hockey hero as a kid?

Clues:
Played Center Position and was the Captain
First guy to ever curve a hockey stick blade
“Stosh”
First jersey number ever retired on the Blackhawks (# 21)

Answer: 
-----------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  What were Michael’s parent’s first names?

Answer:  Joe & Janie

Mike M (aka Dwight) got this one correctly identified. Glad you got my Mom’s name too! Doh!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy wants me to remind you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

2 comments: