Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth

Monday arrived here at 4:30 AM today, telling me to rise and shine once again.  For once I think I slept pretty well thankfully and I felt well rested. The morning bicycle ride into work was dark and brisk with the cool damp air. I actually remembered to bring in some milk for my morning coffee, which was nice. Nothing worse than to have to wait for the roach coach (catering truck) to arrive at 7AM before having my coffee. That one-hour seems to take forever when you are waiting for it.

This weekend was another lazy one for me. I did some laundry and a bit of work on Linus, but otherwise I did little to nothing but enjoyed watching the Formula One Race and associated TV telecasts. My buddy David and I went out on Friday night for some cold ones and even went for sushi afterwards to our local place known for their sushi rolls more than anything. It was pretty good and I ended up sleeping very well that night. I insisted my buddy sleep on the couch since we had drank a bit, which he did. I got up at 3 AM and he was still there sleeping, but by 7AM when I got up he was already gone. I then remembered he wanted to attend a Coffee & Cars gathering that Saturday morning down in Long Beach, which apparently he did.

I have also purposely tried to save more and more money by not going out so I can payoff that credit card bill that had grown over the last few years due to being pretty broke most of the time. During the past couple of months I paid off $10,000 and I am not even halfway there yet.  I think in the next few months I should be able to get down the balance to zero or close to it. That will be a big relief and a load off of my shoulders. Then I can work on that outstanding loan I have at the credit union. By mid-summer I hope to be debt free, then maybe I can sock some money away for a rainy day perhaps.

I need to get with my neighbor Mack who is proficient in electrical work so I can set up my power inverter in Linus to provide me with AC power when I want to use it. I might have to hard mount it someplace in the interior towards the back where all the batteries are located unless I can figure out some clever way to do a temporary installation instead.

Our backroads trip is now less than a year away I am guessing.  It will be good to get out on the open road and experience all that the US has to offer. Looking forward to many of the National Parks I have always heard stories about that are within the system and as many of the state parks along the way. We are still asking for more scenic places and interesting events that we might want to visit.  Let’s hear more from you guys please!

Thanks to all of you new players that have decided to play some of our games. We enjoy writing them and wish others did so we could play and show you how amazingly smart we all are (We being Snoopy, Linus and myself… actually they are the smart ones, I’m just the butler and pilot). 

I read Matt’s letter today on his blog. He has a neat feature where he types a letter on a typewriter and then posts it for all to read.  He is a very good writer and he inspires me to do better on this blog. Snoopy has been telling me for quite a while to brush up on my writing prose, which I really have tried.  It is like playing the guitar, I keep practicing to hopefully one day be able to put something together I can be proud of. My writing is much better than the 4 chords I have learned on the guitar. I need to practice a bit longer each day I am afraid..

Listening to “Led Zeppelin, BBC Sessions Live” recordings as I write today. I do enjoy my music when I have to work on different projects. It makes the tasks much more enjoyable than hearing all of the office chatter and crap that one hears in a work cubicle environment. It is even better than those noise-silencing headsets Bose sells. Music makes everything so much better!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: An Excursion or Expedition

Answer:   ?
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Inventorying black birds

Answer: Counting Crows
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:  

Mid 60s – early 70s Afternoon TV show
Gothic Soap Opera
Vampires
Barnabas Collins

Answer: ??
-----------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:

1960s TV show
Barney
Floyd
Opie   

Answer:  The Andy Griffith Show

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question:  Snoopy, Michael’s dog, is it a male dog or a female dog?

Answer: ?
-----------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question:  Michael has a very serious injury to what part of his body?

Answer:  Michael has a broken back, which includes broken vertebrae floating between bulging disc and spinal cord nerves as well as Degenerative Disc Disease, all causing severe chronic back pain that we will live with for the remainder of his lifetime.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy wants to remind you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment