Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday, April 11, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth

Well, I was off of work for a couple of days dealing with chronic back pain issues once again, so you guys had some relief from our daily workday banter. Did you miss us?
Since I usually leave my laptop locked up in my cube during the week, we had no way to publish our blog posts out to you all.  So today we have a lot of catching up to do!

My good friend Lisa K had a birthday this week. Happy birthday to you!  I know she was on the road for work this week and I hope she got to enjoy it somewhat nicely. J

My nephew has a birthday next week but he never replies to anything I send him so what’s the point?  He will be 23 on Tuesday and he has pretty much just fallen off the face of the Earth. I have asked him to keep in touch, but he neglects to do so. I also sent his baby daughter some cash for her birthday and Christmas, both on the same day, and I have not heard from them let alone a thank you for the money. You can only try so much and then you get tired of being the only one who tries to keep in touch.

I have no kids to leave anything to in my will and when I leave this world to a better place.  I am not too sure who to leave the balance of my estate to. I do have Linus and my Porsche 911 to leave to somebody, but who do I leave it all to?  I do have four nephews (by blood) but it seems like they could care less about me, so do I leave these to them or do I leave them to those that clove and are about me unconditionally? It is a tough decision for me right now.  I guess it is my own fault that I didn’t have any kids to leave my assets to.

Well, I put down another $5000.00 on my visa bill today. It seems like I get nowhere paying off this bill when I have paid $15,000.00 over the past 3 months.  It seems to continue to grow constantly for some reason. I did put some purchases on it recently, some clothes and some birthday gifts and of course my Uber Car Service fares. I hope to have it all paid off my this summer so I can start putting some money away for any emergency situation that might arise. You need to be prepared, right?

I guess when I am on the road, I’ll have all my household goods stored away in a storage facility rather than paying $1500.00 a month for an apartment that I won’t be in. With all the rent money saved, I guess it will be used for gasoline and camping fees, when applicable. Like I said before, I don’t plan on paying camping fees if I can help it.  Boondocking, a term I recently learned, is the act of camping without paying camping fees or paying very minimal fess when possible. That’s why I need to know how to properly use my auxiliary battery system with my power inverter. I paid all that money to have it all installed, I need to get proficient on its usage. That will be a lifesaver on those cold mornings that I really want to use the space heater.

Today I am reviewing all the stuff I have to do prior to my retirement date of Jan 2, 2015, which I had previously thought was going to be Jan 5. The retirement package is only a form 3 pages long, but the attaching documentation can far outnumber that amount of pages. There is a lot to do before then, so I have been reading about it all which I’m sure I’ll need to do several times to ensure I don’t miss anything, which is most likely to happen, so multiple readings will help me make sure I have it all covered.  Kinda scary, it is so easy to overlook something critical and the repercussions of omitting something can really be a life-changing event. I think I need to attend a retirement seminar to ensure I do what I need to do before then.

I ordered in some sushi rolls yesterday for lunch and had it delivered to the house. I had ordered enough to have left overs for dinner even!  It was pretty good and a nice splurge for once. I think I still have some pot stickers left that I had also ordered.  I might have to eat them after work for a nice snack. And of course Snoopy was begging for some, as always. I hope you all know that I do not feed Snoopy people food, she seems to get sick every time and sets a bad precedence for the future. I did give her a rawhide treat so she would concentrate on that while I ate my food. She really likes them a lot!

The bike ride felt good this morning since I had not ridden into work for a couple of days being out with back pain. I have been riding into work on my bicycle since December 1 and it has added up to about 65 days total round trip so far. Only had a few days I didn’t ride in due to inclement weather or days off. I much would rather ride a mile on my bicycle than to walk a block due to the knee and back pain I get from walking. Bicycling seems to be good therapy that does not hurt my injuries at all, which is nice. J

There seems to be a lot of peeps in today that are usually off on my work Friday, which kinda sucks. I kinda like the quiet Fridays when most of the other peeps are off of work. Why are they all in today? Why when I want to switch my day off of work do I get so much flak and they are all in the office today? I guess the rules only apply to the worker-bees and not supervision. Funny how that seems to work. Not really all that funny though, ya know? L

I was watching a special “Survivorman” on TV yesterday that I had recorded (of course) and it was dealing with his encounters with strange sounds and physical evidence he has seen concerning with “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch”. Some of the way trees were knocked over identically and separately, not in clumps like from a storm or snow damage. How some structures with branches were constructed was fascinating. Sort of like a teepee would be constructed crossing at different angles but set in a way that it could not of really happened naturally, like they had to be constructed by an intelligent being with some of the cross-members several feet off of the ground even. And these structures were many years old, like over 50 years old some of them. The breaks in the branch were old and had naturally deteriorated and aged being broken long, log ago. Long before any roads or trails were ever made that deeply into the dense and desolate forest. It was very fascinating to see some of the physical evidence and also hear some of the vocal calls they were making being returned, where nobody was around for many, many miles.  It was very interesting.

The guide he was using had a videotape of a possible creature very close up. I thought it was inanimate, like a large dummy or something until I saw that is swayed just a tiny bit back and forth and was definitely not inanimate what-so-ever. The Survivorman, Les Stroud, has been out in the backcountry and the wild for many, many years and he has no other explanation for how some of these physical structures were made, sounds of something big near his camp grounds crashing through the foliage and covering hundreds of yards faster than and animal could do, footprints made out in the middle of nowhere, and the vocal calls he has heard. He was genuinely convinced that they are out there and that they are not a myth. The hour-long show ended with the graphic “The Search Continues…” on the screen… A very interesting episode! I hope he has another similar episode.  Another controversial topic.  Let’s hear your thoughts, people… real or myth?

I really enjoy the survivor shows like “Survivorman”, “Dual Survivor”, “Dude, You’re Screwed” and “Man vs Wild” because you can always learn some new skills or information that can be useful for survival in the outdoors. I’m not talking about “Survivor” or those stupid reality game shows like that, I mean the real shows that show you skills and different ways to do certain tasks such as building a fire, building shelters, gathering food or different ways of getting out of tough situations. Sort of like attending survival school all over again. I find myself tuning in to these shows all of the time it seems. It must be the former Boy Scout in me I guess? J You can never learn too much!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: Vision-challenged cantaloupe =           Answer:   ???
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: Spliff male siblings

Answer: The Doobie Brothers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues: 

1980’s TV show
Considered the “primary or first string players”
Black Van
Gold chains

Answer:  ???
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  

Moe
Carl & Lenny
Chief Wiggins
Flanders

Answer: The Simpsons

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question:  What were my parent’s first names?

Answer: ? ?
-----------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question: Snoopy, Michael’s dog, is it a male dog or a female dog?

Answer:  Snoopy is a female dog.  I don’t think I would ever want a male dog, always marking their territory all over the place. Female dogs have a calmer disposition I believe anyway.  Peeps always get confused always calling her “him”.  Poor pup!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy wants me to remind you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment