Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014




For What It’s Worth                                                              - 143 days and counting...
                                                           

Robin Williams
Last week we wrote about comedic tragedies and how too many comics ironically leave us way before their time.  They have this curse of being so very talented and inside they are full of self-doubt and depression.  So, Monday was a very sad day when we all found out that Robin Williams had passed away.  Not only did we lose a comedic genius, but also an accomplished dramatic actor.  He had this soft side to him, almost child-like innocence, to some of the characters he portrayed.  Even from his early TV days on Mork & Mindy, he showed his ability to touch our hearts with his acting talents.  I remember the debut of Mork & Mindy in 1978 very clearly because the next morning I was deployed overseas for a three month tour.  Upon my return n late December I asked someone whatever happened tot hat show.  They replied that was the comedy hit of the season.  Robin had this insane side of him that could only be harnessed by his own inner self.  His acting range was truly diverse and was demonstrated by his roles in Mrs Doubtfire, Hook, The World According to Garp, and Dead Poet’s Society, just to name a few.  He had this very sensitive side to him that he occasionally let out and allowed us to see but he used that insane, one thousand mile an hour wit that he could intentionally hide his vulnerability behind.  We all lost our innocence this past Monday.  God speed, Robin Williams.


Within a Month
In less than a month I will be eligible to retire!  My plan is to wait until Jan 2, 2015 to do so because that will give me an extra year on the books that will apply to my retirement pay.  I have so much to do prior to then, including paying back about $10,000 into my retirement system before I retire.  So, these last few months of the year will be saving money time for me.  So, no more online shopping impulse buys for me.  I do have a couple of more major purchases to make, but they will have to wait until I save up enough to pay this large debt off since it MUST be paid PRIOR to retirement.  Lean times are ahead for the next several months.

Data Migration
We received my new MacBook Air Laptop Notebook and I have been having major difficulties trying to transfer all my data to the new machine.  This past weekend we tried several times and it never did fully get accomplished.  In fact, none of our music files and none of our document files were transferred over.  Only photos seemed to have success.  We did manage to transfer this document from the new machine to this older machine using my memory stick, which was a minor accomplishment to say the least.  At least we can do that basic procedure properly. This may take some major time.  Wish us luck!

Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom

“I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone.  It’s not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.”

                                                                                    - Robin Williams

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy says, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time... Be Good!


- cb

1 comment: