Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday, Aug 18, 2014



For What It’s Worth                                                              - 138 days and counting…

Happy 16th Birthday, Annie! (aka Home Slice)

Apple Product Support
When I have an issue with either my iPhone or one of my Macs, I usually head over to the Apple Store, located in one of our local malls.  It is only just a couple of miles away and they are usually quite helpful.  I have been pretty satisfied with their service until this data migration process issue has arisen. 

I had made an appointment with the Genius Bar for Saturday morning, first thing, and their earliest appointment available on Saturdays is at 11:45AM, which I think is kind of a late start time for service availability.  Anyway, I go there and explain to the “Genius” that I tried several times to get this data migration accomplished, but the process hangs up towards the end of the several hour long process.  The guy tells me that they usually run the long processes overnight so it does not tie-up a workstation during their work hours.  He tells me that it should be complete first thing on Sunday morning when they open at 11AM.

First of all, you just can’t call in to the store directly… your call goes to the Call Center someplace and of course it is an automated service that you have to navigate through each time just to speak with a person.  You get put on hold several times before you actually speak with a person at the store. 

So, I begin to call at @ 11:05 AM and I finally speak with Bonnie, the supervisor there, and she tells me that it still has about an hour and some minutes to go.  I explain to her that the process rolls along fine and then it hangs up towards the end of the process and I ask her if she can keep an eye on it’s progress for me because I need it right away because I told her I was leaving town.  She said she will keep an eye on it for me and then call me in a half hour or an hour.  This was at 11:15 AM I spoke with her and I ended up calling them back at 3:30 PM since I hadn’t heard a peep from them.  I speak with Cameron and he said it says it has 27 minutes left to go in the process.  I again explain how it continues to hang up and I was expecting Bonnie to call me back hours ago.  Anyway, he ensures that he will call me back in an hour and give me a status update.  Well, 4:30 rolls around and my phone rings, and it is Cameron as promised.  He states that it is still processing and I tell him to just stop the process.  He thinks it is getting stuck on the documents, so I tell him just to copy over the photos and the music and I will be there before they close at 6 PM to retrieve both of my machines.

When I arrive at the Apple Store and of course it is not complete.  I tell them to just stop the process and give me my machine so I can get out of there.  So Cameron goes in back and in a bit he brings out my Macs and says my older unit might have some sort of issue.  I told him that it des not take a Genius to figure that out.  I thank him for his help and I head for home.  I get home and begin to try this process again and I see my new machine has had the User changed to “Genius” and password is not my password.  So I am locked out of my new machine and I can’t access it.  I try to call the store figuring someone would still be there and the automated system tells me they are closed for the day and it hangs up on me.  WTF?

So today at 10 AM I get to call them again and go through their automated system… and hopefully it won’t take me another 10 minutes to talk with someone at the store just to get access to my new machine.  Good grief, don’t we just love technology?


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom

Every new day is another chance to change something in your life. 
Every new day is a chance to feel thankful for what you have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy says, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time... Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment