Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday, August 19, 2014



For What It’s Worth                                                              - 137 days and counting...


Robin Williams
I am still having a hard time dealing with Robin William’s suicide.  I never realized that he was born in Chicago, and not in San Francisco where he was known to be from.  He was kind of a distant friend even though we never really met.  I could relate to his ADD and his fast wit as well as his softer, vulnerable side.  He was a kid stuck in a man’s body and an adult world.  Remember the movie “Jack” where he played a kid in a man’s body?  I always thought was really was his dilemma… he was a kid that didn’t want to grow up. I believe that was his plight and the burden he carried.  Sort of like Peter Pan, he didn’t want to grow up, and maybe he never really did. They must have needed more laughs in heaven.  God speed, Robin Williams!

Music
I got into music at a very early age.  I remember watching when The Beatles were first on the Ed Sullivan Show back in the early 60s when I was just a little kid.  Also, my sisters being 5 years and 4 years older than me helped a bit also.  Mostly, I guess my sister Barbara got me into all kinds of music.  The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Chicago, CCR, and even The Monkees (yeah, I know J), they were all instrumental in my music listening.  From folk music to rock and roll of the mid to late 60s, I still listen to a lot of that music still today.  Great music is always in style.

The Workplace
Yesterday in staff meeting my boss tells me this project I have been working on for the past few months needs to be completed basically by September 5th.   We just received additional guidance and it looks really labor intensive, so I’ll need to really start kicking some butt on it I guess.  Plus, it has to be coordinated with many other organizations, to which I will have little or no control over.  So, we will have to write our blogs when we can and get them published as we can.  I got kinda used to working leisurely and at my own pace, now I’ll have to shift into high gear I guess.
Time to bust a butt and kick some ass!



Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom

Don’t be afraid of death;
be afraid of an unlived life.
You don’t have to live forever,
you just have to live.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy says, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time... Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment