Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday, Aug 25, 2014... from a new Mac



For What It’s Worth - 131 days and counting...
Music Transfer
Today I finally got my music transferred onto this new Mac, so I am a happy camper!  :)
It would be nice if I knew what I did correctly and what I was doing wrong.  I chalk it all up to dumb luck once again. Better lucky than good, is what I always say.

Military Payback
I have to save up and pay @ $9600.00 by Dec 1 this year to have four years added to my time in service and my retirement years, which will pay off in the long run.  That means that I can’t spend money loosely at all and I have to curb my entertainment spending, which I have already been doing for the past 3 years.  I wanted to have some money saved up before retirement, but I think this bill I have to pay off will take that cash away from my immediate usage and my rainy day savings nest egg. :(

Medical Membership Card
In December I lost my wallet and in it was my Medical Membership card.  Since then I have been trying to get a new card.  I have made multiple phone calls, numerous online requests and spoken to 3 Member Services supervisors, and I still have not received one.  Today I again requested a new card and we will see what happens before I decide to change HMO carriers.  I will most likely have to change anyway since mine is not available in the midwest where I will be spending some of my retirement time.  I guess I’ll go switch over to Blue Cross which is available almost anywhere I guess.  Not really familiar with any of the other HMOs since I have had my current carrier since 1981. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good one or which ones I should avoid?

Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom

“The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless & free your action will be.”

- HH Dali Lama 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy always says, “Wag More and Bark Less!”

Until next time... Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment