Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday, Aug 28, 2014



For What It’s Worth - 128 days and counting...
Sorry folks, I was out yesterday with some chronic baclk pain, so I was in no mood to do any blogging.  Some days I just don’t want to feel like I do.

Retirement
I was curious, how many friends or former classmates plan to retire this year or are already retired?  I told someone recently that I was planning on retiring at te end of this year and they said they thought that was quite early to do so.  My Grandpa, on my Dad’s side, died at age 66, way too young.  My Dad lived to age 72, but his quality of life had deteriorated quite a bit the last few years.  

Road Trip
I want to spend some quality years doing some quality things such as traveling the back roads of the US as much as possible and camping.  Our first trip planned we have been discussing for years now, a clockwise tour basically around the perimeter of the US mainland.  No timeline really, just traveling wherever we decide to go.  We do have some places in mind what we want to see, but nothing is written in stone of course.  We are still struggling with what to take along and what to leave out of the equation.  I need to reduce the list of things down to a manageable amount of items being that we are quite restricted on stowage space.  The large, bulky, and heavy items are really the major concern here.  We only have so much limited floor room to work with in the cargo cabin area, so it will be a wee bit crowded, to say the least.


New Guy in the Office
We have a new guy in the office here at work and he is from Chicagoland!  How cool is that?  He is a nice guy and I look forward to having another Chicagoian in the office with me, at least for the next four months.  We already bonded and I think we will stay friends long after I retire.  I kinda think I may have met him someplace, he seems so familiar to me. He likes to spent ime outdoors so many we have a new camping partner?  We will see what happens, but it is good to have him aboard!


National Dog Appreciation Day 
Yesterday was National Dog Appreciation Day and I spent the whole day with my pup, Snoopy.  She mostly slept the entire day which was what she wanted to do I guess.  I was not in any shape to do much with her anyways, so it worked out good for us both.  We both actually just layed around the house and did as little as possible.


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom

The past should be left in the past, otherwise it can destroy your future.  Live life for what tomorrow has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snoopy always says, “Wag More and Bark Less!”

Until next time... Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment