Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday, July 1, 2014





1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 185 Days and counting


Happy birthday to my little sister Debbie (aka Dub)!  Enjoy your special day today, sis! :) 


Travels & Destinations

Indiana
Indiana is basically Eastern Illinois.  Nothing of real interest that grabs me.  I would like to go to the Indiana Sand Dunes on Lake Michigan since as a teenager we used to drive there in my 1966 Mustang as our adopted “home beach” to body surf, throw Frisbees and do our beach thing during the summers in our HS days.  There may be something else to see there in Indiana, I just don’t know about it as of yet. J

Michigan
The other beach we used to drive to if the surf was bad in Indiana was the Warren Dunes in Western Michigan.  It was just a bit further than the Indiana Sand Dunes but worth a longer drive to chance find some surf. I have been to Michigan several times, the last time I guess was back in May 1982 when I was in the USAF Reserves.  We did our Summer Camp in Alpina, located on the Eastern part of Michigan.  I swear the state bird there is the mosquito.  I never saw such huge beasts flying at night before.  I am interested in checking out the northern part, such as the Upper Peninsula (UP) and that area up there.  I know we will need to do some more research on what sites to visit and exactly what might be there that may spark our interests.  I always call it the mitten state, because I think it is shaped like a mitten. J

Ohio
The best boss I ever had lives just north of Cincinnati.  He has been retired now for maybe 15 or so years and his wife finally retired this spring so they can now travel and enjoy their golden years together.  They are also some of my favorite people in whole world. They took me under their wing and have nurtured me, listen to me cry through bad relationships and revel in good ones.  Jim & Gabrielle are just awesome people that made me a better person just by knowing them.  I have also met both of their families several times in fact, even though Jim’s family comes from Arkansas and Gabrielle’s family comes from Germany.  Gabrielle’s parents kind of adopted me too. Her father and I would sit and watch World Cup soccer and root for Germany as well as we both loved watching films of the Western genre.  Unfortunately Joseph passed away a few years ago and now Moody (sp?) is without her husband. Moody loves me like a son and she was always saying she knew the perfect girl for me in Germany.  I am lucky to have had all these people in my life and I am eternally grateful for their patience, kindness and unconditional love.


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

Choose to make the rest of your life the best of your life!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Famous Quotes

Who is credited for saying the following quote?

“I love people who make me laugh.  I honestly think it’s the thing I like to do most, to laugh.  It cures a multitude of ills.  It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”

Answer: ??
-------------------------------------------------------

Famous Quotes  (Previous Game)

Who is credited for saying the following quote?

Quote:

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid”

Answer:  Mr Albert Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: 

What was Snoopy’s given name from her foster family before Her Butler adopted her?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  If we could only watch old black & while TV shows, what would be Michael’s choice of TV show to watch?

Answer:   The Andy Griffith Show
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment