Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thursday, July 17, 2014


                                                      TBT = 10 Year HS Reunion, Summer of 1987



1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 170 Days and counting


Travels & Destinations
This long back roads road trip we are planning on taking seems like a desire many of our peeps have an interest in also.  This blog is intended to enable us to keep in touch with you all as well as share some of our experiences with those who might be interested.  We are interested in hearing about locations or sights you peeps might be interested in, so please let us know, okay?  We especially need to know about places on the Eastern part of the US since our time there has been quite limited.  The Appalachian Mountains and surrounding areas we need info about.

To be continued…


Peeps Without Kids
Facebook is full of these proud parents posting how great their kids are, or now even their grandkids, and soon some will have great-grandkids, which I am sure they are great in their eyes.  But then there are us out there with no kids, no spouses, and basically not much family interaction.  I guess I fall into this category of having no significant personal family surrounding me.

I look at some of my HS peers of my age and I wonder, do I look that old also?  Some have aged really well, with hardly any noticeable difference from way back when.  Then I do see some that have aged quite significantly and I realized that they have kids and that probably must have done that to them.  Kids that have worn them down and have helped them gain wrinkles, grey hair or even some who have lost their hair. 

So I ask myself, was I better off in the long run not having any kids?  I mean, I did not plan on specifically not having kids. I was too busy enjoying life that I never really settled down and did the whole family kind of thing.  I guess I always thought that is what I wanted and by chance not having a family just sort of worked out that way I guess.  I probably did miss out on someone calling me Daddy, but did that help me remain young at heart and I never really had to grow up?   I still enjoy playing with the younger kids whenever I can.  I really do enjoy that and I am not just saying that.  I guess it gives me the opportunity to act like a kid in a politically correct and in an acceptable manner.

If You Love Your…
I despise when peeps send me that thing on FB that says… If You Love Your (fill in the Blank)… repost or “Like” or whatever… Duh!  Does that assume that if I don’t reply to this ridiculous request that I hate my (fill in the blank)?  I never reply to these or the more stupid Chain Letters or even to the “free money” Bill Gates is giving away.  But then again, I refuse to help out that unfortunate possible millionaire from some overseas country, so I guess I am a horrible and insensitive example of a human being now?  Good for me for being an individual! J

FB Friends
I like when self-proclaimed “Awesome” peeps un-friend me from FB. I just realized that I haven’t seen some posts from these two “friends” and I noticed they must have “un-friended” me because their info is gone from my FB account, which is their right and option to do so.  Only a poser would pretend to be a friend and then do such a thing.  My life is better off without having to hear their crap anymore.  Don’t pretend to be a friend and do such a thing.  Stupid games peeps play…!  Ain’t nobody got no time for dat!   L  Good grief… and good riddance!

Late Night Texting
I received a late night text last night from the East Coast from a former work associate I used to work with that used to come out here to the West Coast on business.  We actually worked together daily on a project out here for about 5 months about 10 years ago.  We became friends and I used to see him about every other month or so when he was out here for whatever.  Last night I think he may have been out drinking and all of a sudden, I got a text (Technically it was a Facebook Instant Message) from him asking some strange questions.  We went back and forth with some texting chit-chat and then… nothing.  He either passed out or decided to try to go to bed… not sure really.  I guess it happens… It is late and then someone pops into your head and we text away while in the moment.  I know I have done it in the past, so I expect it happens with all of us???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom   

“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can CHANGE THE WORLD.  Indeed, it is the ONLY thing that ever has.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Musical Stuff  (Bringing back a music game you loved playing, sort of!)

Question:  Name your favorite three Aerosmith songs and why are they your favorite?

My Answers:

1.  Sweet Emotion
2.  Dream On
3.  I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Bill Murray Character Quotes

Which character is credited for saying the following quote and from what movie?

“Oh, it’s not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn’t drunk all that cough syrup this morning.”

Answer:  ???
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Bill Murray Character Quotes

Which character is credited for saying the following quote and from what movie?

“Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something , you know, for the effort…”

Answer:  Carl, the Greenskeeper in Caddyshack
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Wag More and Bark Less!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

1 comment: