Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday, October 8, 2014






For What It's Worth                                                                                                                     - 83 Days and Counting

Continued from Last Time...

So, that about wraps up the long story of our awesome motorcycle road trip of the summer of 1984.  It was 10 great days of being on the road and living in the moment, and it all ended in a flash with a crash.  Breaking my back was a life changing event that I wish I never had to have happened.  I went from a 186 pound physically in-shape specimen to a guy who is only a shell of his former self.  I used to strut a little bit when I walked way back when, now I just try to get from point A to point B without injuring myself again.  I guess we all have regrets and I guess so do I.  Live & learn.


Survival
I bought a book a little while ago from Les Stroud, the host and filmmaker for the TV show, “Survivorman” called appropriately “Survive!”  It teaches some essential skills and tactics to get you out of anywhere… alive.  I barely started reading it but I plan on studying it from front to back cover, which is what I generally do when I am interested in doing.  I probably have seen every episode that has aired and I always look forward to new episodes when they become available.  I really enjoyed his two part episode on searching for Bigfoot or Sasquatch.  The Bigfoot episodes are not the typical “searching for Bigfoot” episodes you always see on TV, but he looks at everything with a very skeptical point of view.  He did two one-hour back to back episodes which he seemed to think it could be true.  He has been out in the middle of nowhere for many days in a row and all alone filming everything himself for quite a few years now.  He has even lived off grid in the Canadian wilderness for a year or so.  

He has mentioned that he has heard things out there not knowing what was making that sound.  He knew at the time it was not a bear, wolf, cougar, moose, deer, elk, coyote, bird or anything else he has ever heard of before out in the wilderness.  It was a very interesting couple of shows that I really enjoyed watching.  The structures built out of trees and branches out in the middle of nowhere were compelling to say the least.  f you never saw either of these episodes which aired earlier this year, I highly recommend you give them a chance and watch them.  You may form your own independent opinions yourself.  

Besides these two episodes, he has pretty much survived 7 - 10 days all alone in many different and various environments from deserts, rain forests and everything in between.  He has even survived in a life raft in the middle of some South Pacific Ocean destination, which had t have been one of the hardest he has ever accomplished and survived.  Just spending all that time bobbing up and down in the water for even a few hours would be enough to drive me crazy.  That would not be something I would want to endure for any amount of time really.  Forget that!

Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

People need to learn that their actions do affect other people.
So be careful what you say and do, its not always just about you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment