Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday, October 28, 2014





For What It’s Worth                                                                   63 days and Counting


Retirement
Well, yesterday I drafted and submitted my official Notice of Retirement Letter to the USAF so they can start the Personnel Action to get that all in place.  Yea!  I guess there is no going back now! (yeah, like that might happen!).  Jan 2, 2015 can’t get here fast enough.  I will miss some of my friends I have made over the years, but that does not mean I can’t keep in touch with those peeps somehow.  With so mush electronic media out there, it is hard not to keep in touch. Now I need to figure out when to have my retirement celebration luncheon and get that scheduled.  It will be immediately after the holidays so I guess I need to have it either before or after that timeframe because most peeps will be out of the office for the holidays.  I guess I have a little time to figure that out but a couple of friends who don’t live in the area want to attend it, so I gotta decide what day pretty soon.  Decisions, decisions… :)

Departed Friends
I have had some friends who have passed away in the last 15 years or so and it is sad to know that they won’t be here to help celebrate with us, because some of them were involved n helping me move forward in my career.  I would of never gotten to where I am now if it was not for some of these people.  

Mr Lynn Ramsey who won me over from hating him to loving him and becoming part of his family.  Thanks Lynn for having me Plan my Day and Working my Plan.  I will always remember your smile and childish giggle.  I wish you were here.

Mr Bernard Sinclair, my friend Barney and my brother.  I always remember your friendship and your “Why Not?” attitude. I remember that one night feeling good over in Bruce’s music studio helping him record background vocals and later as we sat outside at In-N-Out Burger eating and I told you, “It don’t get any better than this!”  We will always have that night and so many other times we shared.  I hope you will be looking down and smiling that smile of yours.  I love you my brother and wish you were here to share in this celebration, Ol’ Buddy!


Mr Luis Rosas… Luis, my mentor, my coworker, my friend.  The last time I saw you was in Tucson and I was in a happy time in my life back in 2010 I believe.  You loved my current situation and you smiled that broad smile of yours which was always a welcomed site.  Your sudden passing last year was an unexpected shock to me which I’ll never forget.  I miss you my friend, your words of wisdom, your kindness and your laugh!  You were loved by many and you are missed.  God speed, Luis!

Great Quotes and Words of Wisdom

When thinking about life remember this: 
No amount of guilt can solve the past 
and no amount of anxiety 
can change the future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment