Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday, October 24, 2014




For What It's Worth                                                                                                                             67 Days and Counting

Game 3
Game 3 of the World Series will be played tonight in San Francisco hosted by the Giants, who are an even 1-1 games with the Kansas City Royals.  The Royals have been unstoppable in this year’s playoffs until they ran into the Giants in the World Series.  I am now rooting for the Giants, but would like to see it go for the entire seven game series just to see more baseball being played.  The fall classic has always been one of my favorite playoff scenarios of sports along with hockey and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  I do enjoy watching football, but for the past several years I really haven’t watched a lot of it likeI used to.  I just have not had the desire to waste an entire Sunday watching football games.  That could change after I retire, but you never know. I am looking forward to some more good baseball, that’s for sure!

Led Zeppelin

I have some DVDs loaded onto my Mac which I can watch whenever I am bored here at work.  I have a few musical groups in concert downloaded such as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the like.  I am currently viewing a live recording of Led Zeppelin from back in the early 1970s.  How young they all looked back in their prime.  You can kinda tell how far into the 70s the recordings go due to their wardrobe and how it progressed as the years went by.  They were way ahead of their time with Jimmy Page playing his guitar with a bow, which is normally used with a stand up string instrument such as a cello or stand up bass. Even today, several decades later, you really don’t see much of that happening or any new experimentation with musical instruments being tried by any new artists. I guess some musician will come along someday and do something experimental and risky but I haven’t seen much of that happening unfortunately.  Has anyone even come close to experimental playing like Page or Jimi Hendrix in the past several decades?  I haven’t seen anyone who even slightly compares to these guys.  

Famous Quotes and Words of Wisdom

People who avoid commitment are people who know just what a big thing it is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment