Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday, October 22, 2014





For What It's Worth                                                                                                                             69 Days and Counting



I sit here in my cube wondering what to do next.  What am I forgetting to do in regards to my retirement?  I am afraid that something forgotten will rear it’s ugly head and cause a last minute panic to rush and complete some tasking.  What exactly am I forgetting to accomplish?  It is an eerie feeling in the back of my head not knowing what was forgotten.  I hope by the time I realize it there is ample time to get it completed.  


Game 1
Game 1 of the World Series last night was a romp.  The visiting San Francisco Giants dominated the host team Kansas City Royals by a score of 7-1, breaking KC’s eight game postseason winning streak.  Madison Bumgardner (aka MadBum) pitched a great game and was supported by some good fielding and defense as well as some strong offensive play.  Hunter Pence fouled back a perfect pitch for him to hit out of the park but then followed that up with a home run on the very next pitch.  Game 2 is tonight with KC hosting once again.  


Friends
We all have lots of friends, but how many really good friends do we have?  I would rather have really god friends than a bunch of them that have no idea who I am.  I have many good friends I still keep in contact with from grade school as well as high school.  My college friends were quite limited since I was working full time at the same time I was attending college.  Then there are also all the friends I made while in the military.  If you had to pick only 10 close friends that you could have, who would be on your close friend list?  Would I even make it onto your close friend list?  

Where I currently live, in the South Bay area, I would say I only have a handful of friends, and only a few of them would make it onto my close friends list.  Why is that?  I guess I can see through phony friends, and I really do not need any of them in my life at this time.  Many of my local friends have moved to other locations or maybe it was I that moved away.  Some of my closest friends locally have also died for some strange reason.  Some of my friends from the work place have retired also, and they are geographically in another location.  Some of my other friends from the job always lived in another location, like the friends I made in Colorado or even in London over in the UK.  In my career field, you end up doing a lot of travel for work and making friends wherever you go.  Someday I hope to run across them again in my travels.

I also have friends that I communicate via electronics such as email, texting and of course our blog posts.  I have friends back home in Illinois that I communicate with almost on a daily basis through the new media that has come about in the past 20 years or so.  It is so much easier to keep in touch with so many others now a days with all the access we have to the various electronic sources and instant media just at our fingertips.  Those who choose not to keep in touch will make up excuses rather than put any effort into staying connected.  Who is so desperate to keep those peeps in our lives?  Not me, that’s for sure!

Good close friends are the best to have.  I’ll take less friends and for them to be true friends rather than to have an auditorium full of fake ones.  

Famous Quotes and Words of Wisdom

I don’t care how attractive you think you look,

If you have an ugly heart, you’re ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment