Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7, 2014




                                                           
For What It’s Worth                                                                          - 84 Days and counting

FYI - This narrative below is from a motorcycle road trip back in 1984…

Continued from yesterday…

At the hospital I am given a set of crutches and put in a wheelchair and I get wheeled out into the waiting room to be released and transported.  I was surprised they even released me but I really did not want to stay anyway, so I did not make a fuss.  Billy wheeled me out of the hospital and I sat under an overhang while the rain continued to fall heavily.  While waiting there, I notice a toddler in a car seat in an empty car.  I think, where is this parent?  I ask Billy to go inside and tell someone there is a kid all alone in a car.  Apparently there was a cop inside and he came out and opened the car door and took the child.  We were talking for a few minutes then the mother came out.  The cop gave her the riot act about how the child could of been taken by someone and then he ended up writing her some sort of citation.

About this time Lisa pulls up in her 1972 Super Beetle VW to take me home.  She is understandably quite distraught and she and Billy somehow get me into the passenger seat.  Billy gives me my motorcycle key and then he climbs in the left rear seat and we depart to go get his motorcycle still at the accident scene.  We drop him off there and he then follows us over the mountain pass heading south towards San Bernardino.  We wave adios to Billy as he continues on South to Riverside and we turn and head east to Redlands and to Lisa’s apartment.

We finally get to her apartment and the shock has subsided and I feel the pain.  Intense pain is felt as she helps me get out of her car and stand up.  The crutches save me from falling on my face as I realize I am at the mercy of nature.  I can barely hold myself up as we slowly make it towards her apartment.  I remember being in the living room and almost falling onto the glass coffee table as I try to maneuver onto the sofa.  I have a rush of adrenaline as I put all my weight on Lisa, almost collapsing on top of her.  We manage to get me onto the sofa in a lying position, which is the status quo for much of my remaining life.  The intense pain again reminds me I have broken my body pretty bad and I better get used to the pain.  To this day I still feel pain on a daily basis, just not always as intense.  This is how it all started and my life has never been the same as it was before.

To Be Continued…

Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

“Wanting to be someone you are not is a waste of the person you are.”

- Kurt Cobain
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment