Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday, September 11, 2014, Birthday Boy!




                                                           
For What It’s Worth - 111 Days and counting


Having a September 11th birthday is a curse not many people get to experience.  I myself found out on my 42nd birthday in 2001 that it would be really painful for the rest of my life.  Who would really want a downer day for their birthday.  If you asked just about any American what was one of the worst day for our country I would place a healthy bet that would say 9/11.  They don’t even refer to it as September 11th anymore… now it is just referred to as 9/11.  911 has always been my car, my Porsche 911 Carrera.  So, my car and my birthday are both related 911 products.  In the past I have been out in public celebrating my birthday and people look at me like I am some kind of un-American celebrating the most tragic day in America’s history, at least during our recent history.  Doing toasts or shots in celebration on this day is always looked down upon from those out in the public sector.  

I did get a lot of birthday greetings yesterday for some reason, which was weird.  Maybe peeps just wanted to get it out of the way while they thought about it.  Maybe some thought it was on the 10th, I am not sure.  Strange things happen sometimes. 

Well, this one is my 55th birthday, which means I am eligible to retire from my workplace whenever I am ready to do so.  But, if I wait until January to do so, I get more years in service which counts towards my retirement pension, which is nice.  So, I must hang out another 111 days just to cash in on this loophole.  I can do it, but to tell you the truth, I would like to be gone as soon as possible.  My career has been a very long and winding road and I am ready to call it quits.  I have done my time and now it is time for me to move on to my next chapter in life, which I am hoping will be healthy, happy and enjoyable. 

Our retirement years… I guess they are called, “The Golden Years”.  Is this the final chapter in our life?  I am hoping this is a great final chapter, because for oh so many years we all have worked tirelessly putting up with endless long hours, clueless bosses and no sympathy provided by management.  Keeping our noses to the grindstone as a way of life for all those many years should pay off in spades during all of our retirement years.  I hope to bankrupt our retirement system and get all the money I can get from them. :)

Well, I guess I’ll be going out tonight to celebrate making it another year above ground.  Survival is one way to look at it.  I think last year I got pretty intoxicated since I had a designated driver because I do recall doing many shots with local friends and I have some photos to prove it too.  I thought about bringing Snoopy along but that might restrict things a bit since she is not allowed inside the tavern, and I would not want to neglect my pup, so maybe she should just stay home and guard the homestead.  One evening without her won’t be such a bad thing now, would it?  I hope she doesn’t read today’s post and please don’t anyone tell her.  Otherwise, Her Butler will be the one in the doghouse, and not her, okay?  Cool! :)


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

Everyone says that love hurts, but that’s not true.  Loneliness hurts.  Rejection hurts.  Losing someone hurts.  Everyone confuses these things with love, but in reality, Love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment