Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday, September 29, 2014




It's a sad here in the California South Bay area.  One of our local landmarks, Fat Face Fenner's Fishack is closing after tonight!  :(
                                                           
For What It’s Worth                                                                                               - 92 Days and counting


Well, the day started off with Billy in a bad mood.  His sleeping bag was still smoldering and he did not get good sleep since he let the fire go out and he was freezing for a good portion of the night.  It was really cold when I got up and I was not happy he let the fire go out.  Every time he said he would keep the fire going, he let it go out.  Some fire monitor he turned out to be.  So, we did not have hot coffee nor a hot breakfast this last morning.  I don’t even remember what I had to eat that day.  Anyways, we soon broke camp and started heading down the mountain for a very long day of motorcycle riding.  Reaching Lone Pine, we turned right and headed south once again for the last time.  

Hours later we were riding up this mountain pass in the high desert and I saw two light blue colored and very strange looking aircraft which I had never seen before fly by right in front of us.  I stopped and got off my bike and pulled out my binoculars to take a look as they headed off.  I realized that this must be the super secret stealth fighter aircraft that were being developed and flown out of Skunkworks, an area now known as Area 51. I knew a little about them, but this was way before the public were aware of them, but they are painted black these days.  Needless to say I was pretty excited about seeing them since I am a fly boy and wing nut. Billy had no clue and was not really interested in my fascination of what I was seeing right then.

We were back on the road in the California high desert and we could see very far from our high vantage point.  We could see some really bad thunderstorms way off in the distance and we knew we needed to get through Cajon Pass, the mountain pass just north of San Bernardino, before the storms hit.  Riding through the steep mountain pass during a thunderstorm was not an option.  So, when we stopped at Four Corners, an intersection where Highway 395 crosses some road name I forgot long ago, we decided and agreed to haul ass to beat the storm rapidly approaching the mountain pass.

To Be Continued…

Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment