Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday, May 9, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 238 Days and counting

Go Blackhawks! Game 4 tonight in Minnesota!

A First for Me
Last night I had a dream with my dog Snoopy in it. I guess I must love her because if she made it into my dream, then it must be so.  She is a good puppy dog. Being her Butler is not always an easy thing, but she is now a family member. She is not my kid either, so let’s not do a disservice to her. She is a first-class dog, not a second-class human.  She gives me two paws up and several wags in agreement on this one! J

Traveling Websites
I recently found a unique website called Harvest Hosts, which is a membership ($40.00 per year) that has signed up businesses such as farms, orchards, vineyards, wineries, breweries, dairies, wildlife rescue organizations, maple sugar shacks, and various types of businesses of all kinds who allow you to stay on their private property overnight for free if you have a self-contained RV. Linus has a port-a-potty, so that usually qualifies as being self-contained. They do ask that you patronize and buy something from these establishments such as fresh produce, maybe some wine, jelly, cheese or whatever they have there to sell. Most of these places have tours you can go on to get the full experience of their passion and their business. It might be something to look into later on down the line.

House
If you don’t know by now, I watch the TV show “House” a lot thanks to the DVR.  Not that I know anything about medicine or how to treat ailments, but it is all about his personality.  I wish it was still being produced, but it is still alive in syndication. I love his wit, his sarcasm and his obsession with figuring out puzzles. We seem to have a lot in common also, for example:

He has a bad leg, always in pain & walks with a cane = Bad back, bad right knee, always in pain & walks with a cane

He takes lots of meds = I have lots of meds

Super smart and very observant = Semi-smart (debatable) and quite observant

Low tolerance for almost anything = Low tolerance for almost anything

Demands quality & excellence = Demands quality & excellence

Loves good music = Loves good music

He says what he thinks = I have been trying hard not to say all that I am thinking J

Do you see any parallels here? I can relate to his character more than I could ever document here. I try not to be an ass all of the time, but I can be at times I know.  It does take some time to change many years of unbridled negative behavior. I recognize it and know I can do better. I’m working on that part. I ask for your patience and understanding. J

Things that really piss me off :

Ignorant People
I hate when people see some person, apparently from another country, struggling with the English language, and they say something stupid such as, “Learn to speak English.”  We have this guy in our office who is that way, a real dumbass. This ignoramus has the gall to talk about one lady in our office who came all the way here from Vietnam. He said something like, “She shouldn’t even be allowed to work here, her English is so bad, it is hard to understand her.” I turned and said to him, “I believe her English is so much better than your Vietnamese.” Then he replies with something like, “I don’t speak Vietnamese.”  I responded with, “Exactly! So shut the fuck up and keep your bigoted comments to yourself!”  He’s such an ass and a bit of a bully I believe. Well, he knows how I feel about it now, that’s for sure. J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clues
Mid Seventies – Mid Eighties British Punk Rock band
Joe
Mick
Paul
Topper
London Calling
Rock the Casbah

Answer:   ??
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game 

Clues:
It rises to the top of a milk bottle
Late 1960s British Rock Super Trio
Jack
Ginger
Eric

Answer:   Cream
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:  
70s TV Comedy Show
1968 Film
Murray, the cop
Felix
Oscar

Answer:  ???
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  
1960s TV show
“Lumpy” Rutherford
Eddie Haskell
Ward & June

Answer:   Leave It To Beaver
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  What was Michael’s job when he worked at Rocketdyne?

Answer:  ??
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What was Michael’s job when he was in the US Air Force?

a.     Loadmaster (LM)
b.     Security Police (SP)
c.     Crew Chief (Aircraft Mechanic)

Answer:   Crew Chief (Aircraft Mechanic/Owner), mostly working on C-130 type Aircraft (C-130H, C-141A, C-141B, HC-130H, and C-130B models as well as various other types of aircraft when needed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy demands that you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment