Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8, 2014




1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 239 Days and counting


Leave a message
Why do people have their ID on their phone blocked these days? Do people really think that the party they are trying to reach will answer their phone when someone on the other end of the phone line is trying to be stealthy?  It pisses me off and it is stupid and a complete waste of time, my time and their time. I also hate it when someone calls me and leaves me a message and tells me to call them back, not stating what they want to discuss. So I make it common practice to never call them back ever. If you need some info, then tell me what you need in your voicemail or message. Don’t call me and then tell me to call you back because it just won’t happen. You will have a very, very long wait on your hands. I have no patience for stupid and inconsiderate people any longer.

Telemarketers
I had a roommate that was in sales and we would get phone calls from telemarketers during dinnertime. He would put them on speakerphone and then let them go through all their scripted sales lines and then lead them on with nonstop questions. He would signal to me to write up some stupid questions while he would do this and then just act like he was just some simpleton with money. Sometimes he would use a strange accent and just play these fools like they were a large mouth bass on a fishing line. It was quality entertainment for a good twenty minutes sometimes.  He was very good at playing their games and loved wasting their valuable time every chance that he could get. Another friend used to give the phone to his 3-4 year old kid and let them talk to them for a while. Fun with telemarketers is free quality entertainment!

Headwinds
I have noticed during this time of the year I have headwinds all the way home on my bicycle ride after work. How come I don’t have tailwinds on the ride into work? What’s up with that? I have to ride north and west to get home.  North is not bad but riding west can be tough with those constant nasty onshore breezes, especially during this time of the year.  The good thing is that it is basically all flat terrain for the ride in and going home except for a block or so just before crossing Sepulveda Blvd., which isn’t bad at all. I did take my bike in last Friday on my day off to have them repair a faulty cable, which was no charge since they just worked on it recently. Now it rides nicely and doesn’t change gears whenever it want to, which is nice. I like when things work as they should! It makes the ride so much more enjoyable! J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clues
It rises to the top of a milk bottle
Late 1960s British Rock Super Trio
Jack
Ginger
Eric

Answer:   ??
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game 

Clues:
Bison & a Rifle Manufacturer
1960s Rock and Roll band with future mega-musicians
Some consider their music hippie music, which I like, of course

Answer:   Buffalo Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:  
1960s TV show
“Lumpy” Rutherford
Eddie Haskell
Ward & June

Answer:  ??
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  
Late 50s – early 60s comedy TV show
Eddie
Marilyn
Lily
Herman

Answer:  The Munsters. It ran in CBS from September 1964 to May 1966 with 70 episodes produced and lives an infinite life to be enjoyed in syndication.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  What was Michael’s job when he was in the US Air Force?

a.     Loadmaster (LM)
b.     Security Police (SP)
c.     Crew Chief (Aircraft Mechanic)

Answer:  ????
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Would Michael rather watch on TV:

a.     a Drama?
b.     a Sitcom? Or…
c.     a Documentary?


Answer:  Most always he will choose to watch a documentary, especially if the content is science in nature.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy requests that you “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment