Thursday, May 29, 2014

Back in Service, Thursday, May 29, 2014




1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 218 Days and counting

Did You Miss Us?
Well, it seems like nobody really missed us this past week we were not blogging. Does it really make a difference if we do blog? Do we bring any joy into people’s lives? Do we make anyone think differently? Snoopy and I really wonder sometimes if we are just wasting our time and energy authoring this blog. Sure, some of the games we administer might be fun to play, but do we really make a difference? If so we would like to her from you, and not just by “Liking” our posts, but with some meaningful feedback from you guys. C’mon, let us hear from you peeps!

Cancer Screening
I had my scheduled cancer screening procedure last week. That was the reason I took some time off from work. I apparently had 3 polyps again this time (same as 5 years ago) that they removed and sent to the lab for analysis. We should find out the results sometime next week if any of them are cancerous or not. We have been lucky so far avoiding the “C” word, but you never know with our family. Last time I had this procedure I did not feel anything afterwards, but this time I had some pain on my insides from the removal procedure which lasted about half a day or so. I took some of my pain meds which knocked out the pain I was feeling and the pain never returned. This was only my second time having this done and I guess I’ll have to have it done every five years or so for the remainder of my life. I recommend friends my age have it done so you can catch anything bad early enough so it can be treated, removed and dealt with in a timely manner.  Just do it!

My dear friend, Maynard
My dear friend Maynard came into town to take me to all my doctor appointments  last week. They will not allow you to have the procedures accomplished unless you have someone with you to take you home. They even interview your driver before you go into have the procedure to ensure there is someone there to drive you home. Good thing because I barely remember anything. Last time I was pretty much awake and I enjoyed the meds I was on. This time I must have been out because I remember being on the table and the next thing I knew I was done and just lying there and apparently totally out of it. Good friends are hard to find and I am glad I have a great friend like Maynard!  Thanks again for everything, Maynard!  J

Blackhawks
My Chicago Blackhawks are two wins away from being in the Stanley Cup Finals! The bad news is, the Kings are only one win away.  We have to play tougher than we have been lately. The Kings have been playing better hockey this series than our Hawks, so we need to step up and play like Champions or we won’t be repeating. I do like the sound of back to back Champions, so let’s do this! Go Blackhawks!

Bon Voyage, Uncle Eric
One of Snoopy’s adopted Uncles, Uncle Eric and his wife, are leaving us and California to open up a restaurant in Austin, Texas.  Snoopy said her goodbyes to him earlier this week with sadness in her eyes, but she is happy they are following their dreams. I hope they understand how much work is involved and how hard it is to make it successful in the restaurant business. We do plan to visit him during our retirement and on our road trip , hopefully to be there in late October 2015 to coincide with the Formula One Race being held there. We will keep in touch with them via Facebook, of course, but it just won’t be the same without his smiling face at the tavern.

Things That Piss Me Off

Facebook Posts Telling Us All How Awesome They Are
If you are that self-centered that you need to post self-praising issues about how great you are, or how awesome you are, that is just plain pitiful. If you feel awesome, that is another thing.  Nobody wants to hear that your client thinks you are awesome, or that you think you are awesome. That is not your place in life. Do you ever think that Steve McQueen ever said how awesome he was? Of course not!  And he was the coolest person ever! So if you feel you need to boost your own ego by saying how awesome you are, then you are really just trying to fool yourself! If you were really awesome, you would not have a need to spout it every time you can get in a FB post telling us all over, once again. I have FB friends that do it all the time. I wish they could get over themselves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues

1.     Dreamed I was an Eskimo…

2.     Is that a real poncho, I mean is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho… hmmm, no foolin’? 

3.     Just me and the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush…

Answers:  ?????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

1. Only takes one itchy trigger, One more widow, one less white nigger… (Oliver’s Army)

2. Sometimes I wish I could stop you from talking when I hear the silly things that you say. (Alison)

3. Nice girls not one with a defect, cellophane shrink-wrapped, so correct. (Watching the Detectives)

Answer:  Elvis Costello and The Attractions
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
1980s Night time drama series (Soap Opera)
The Southfork Ranch
Who Shot J.R.?

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  
70s Game Show
Reinvented and currently on TV  
Curtain #1
Box on the Display Floor
Monte Hall

Answer:   Let’s Make a Deal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What was Snoopy’s name they used for her with her adoption family before I changed it to the more appropriate and final name of Snoopy?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What Breed of dog did Michael want to get, but was afraid of the liability?  

Answer:  A Rottweiler
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy preaches that you, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment