Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, May 16, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 231 Days and counting

Hockey Tonight
Tonight the LA Kings play the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 of their series to see who the Blackhawks end up playing for the Western Conference Championship.  All Blackhawk fans should be rooting for the LA Kings to win, then our Blackhawks will have home ice advantage in the next playoff round. It’s funny to see all the So Cal fair-weather fans coming out of the woodwork now that they have a team in the playoffs. I guess it is what it is, whatever that cliché is supposed to mean.

Heat Wave
Southern California is currently experiencing a springtime heat wave these past couple of weeks. It has been in triple digits these past few days and it is only mid-May. This heat usually does not arrive here until July or August even. May usually is the start of the June Gloom period where it stays overcast until June is over and sometimes even into the mid-July timeframe. The only real air conditioning I have is here at work in the office. I hope it gives a break this weekend since it is forecasted to be quite a bit cooler, which will be a welcomed relief. I know Snoopy will welcome the cooler temperatures as well as myself!

More Snow Back Home
I told a friend back home that more snow was coming. They did not believe me since they had some hot days already. Well, this morning they woke up to an overnight snowfall, which I predicted weeks ago. Sometimes I get this sixth sense feeling that usually is correct more times than not. I miss the snow and the excitement of sledding down hills as a kid. I found that I can get a Flexible Flyer sled online for when I retire. Nowhere is it written that adults cannot go sledding. I know, I tried looking it up! J

Fond Memories of Sledding
The snowfall reminded me of sledding as a kid. Now, mind you, I have not been sledding since I was maybe a youngster, but I recall all the good times sledding at the hills at Berrian Park in Quincy, Illinois as well as at Dellwood Park in Lockport. I liked that Dellwood had concrete stairs built into the hill to facilitate kids trudging back up the hill.  It was always a good time and I do miss those innocent days of my youth. I heard somewhere that if you reach the age of 50 and you haven’t grown up yet, that you don’t have to!  That sounds like a plan to me!  J

Scouting
When I was young, I was in the Cub Scouts as well as Webelos and then later on the Boy Scouts.  I really enjoyed all of the functions and made lots of friends that I am still in contact with so very many years later. My Mom was actually one of the highest female Scout Leaders of all time. She began as a Den Mother for Den 4 that I belonged to and then later she became a Cub Scout Leader and even later on for the Explorers, specifically for Special Ed teenagers (Special Needs I believe they refer to this group as now).  I have always been proud of my Mom’s personal achievements and I wish I could tell her now of how proud I am to have her as my Mom!  I have actually thought about becoming a Scout leader maybe after I retire. I guess I will need to see if I have available time and energy for that kind of personal commitment. It could be fun to help out kids just as those adults had helped me. I guess we will see what kind of free time I might have after our long road trips have been completed, if that day ever occurs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game  New Feature

Can you guess the Artist and the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues
Will you walk with me out on the wire?
Well, I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk…
It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive…

Can you name this artist and also the name of these 3 songs? 

Answers:   ??
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game 

Clues:
Tuff Gong
Died 33 years ago this past Sunday at age 36
Rastafarian Movement
Reggae Music Ambassador

Answer:   Bob Marley
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:  
Chicagoland kids show
Oliver O’Oliver
Cooky
Grand Prize Game

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  
Game show
Original host was Art Fleming
Created by Merv Griffin
“What is….???”

Answer:   Jeopardy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  

Answer:  ??

-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What city does Michael currently reside in?

Answer:  El Segundo, California

Tim B… You never cease to amaze me with your knowledge. Can’t wait until we party together next year!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy preaches that you, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment