Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, May 6, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 241 Days and counting


Go Blackhawks!  Game 3 tonight against the Minnesota Wild!

This past weekend I found out something very interesting to me.  A friend I know socially told me she found out more about me by reading our blog posts than by ever talking to me, which I thought was quite an eye opening revelation. I know I don’t always open up when I talk with someone but I guess I feel safe doing so when I write. I was completely surprised!  She said she knew us better by reading our blog, which made me feel pretty good about ourselves. I didn’t know what to say except saying thanks! I hope you all learn more about us through our writings and our blog posts. Snoopy & Linus give me all the good stuff and I just put it down for them. They should get all the credit, not me. 

I also found out some sad news this weekend. Our landlord Mary apparently passed away back in March. She was a very sweet lady who was a ray of sunshine to see. She was quite elderly and had lived quite a long life, and she will be sorely missed.  Her daughter Sandra will take over her assets and our rent. I wish I would of known earlier so I could have attended her memorial services.  RIP and God Speed, Mary!

I am not sure of I ever mentioned it before, but there is this guy who lives and travels in his VW Vanagon, a Type 2 (Van) Generation 3 version of the VW Bus. Matt has even been brave enough to drive all the way to Alaska and back. That is a long way to go in a vehicle so old and inherently unreliable as my 1978 VW Bus, Linus.  I applaud his initiative and bravery in trekking that long lonely road all the way up there through a lot (and I do mean A LOT) of no-man’s-land.  I don’t think I could do it in fear of being broke down way out there!  Call me chicken, but that is the truth. I don’t think I could do it myself, and all alone to boot. 

I keep in touch with this 20 something year younger version of myself through emails every couple of weeks and I hope to actually meet him in person along our adventurous travels. He has spent over a year now on the road continuously travelling all over the US. I only wish I could walk and hike like I used to before all of the injuries took their toll on this battered old(er) body. I am doing what I can to get back in better shape for the adventures that await us. Matt does have a good eye for photos and writes much better than I do. I aspire to write with such prose as he does and to be better at illustrating my thoughts and observations. He is an inspiration to us all and I am proud to call him a friend.  More to follow…

This weekend I did purchase some things for our road trip and for Linus. I got him a tow strap and a come-a long hand winch for emergencies such as getting stuck in some unforgiving terrain along the way or on some back road or off-road adventure.  I also got some glossy white spray paint for touching up his steel bumpers, which could use it every once in a while.  I also ordered a new spare tire cover just like the one I have on there currently. I need to replace that spare tire with a sidewall reinforced one like I put on the bus a few years ago. I forgot to upgrade the spare tire when I did the other four, so I probably need to do that. That is why I got a new spare tire cover because they tend to degrade after a while, especially when you remove it. So this way I am prepared for when that happens. I also bought some storage options for the interior of the bus such as a storage net, a dashboard tray and some other little things that could come in handy is my thinking. Storage is at a premium and all I can do to try to maximize it, I will try to do so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clues
Robert Zimmerman
Musical artist and songwriter
Early career in folk music movement
Blowin’ in the Wind
Like a Rolling Stone

Answer:   ??
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game 

Clues: Indigo Nomad

Answer:  Blues Traveler
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:  
Joel Fleishman
Maggie O’Connell
Maurice Minnifield
“Chris in the Morning” Stevens

Answer:  ??
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  
1970s Comedy and Variety Show
Reverend Leroy
Geraldine
“The devil made me do it”

Answer:  The Flip Wilson Show
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  What is the best way for us to communicate to others?

a.         By chatting over lunch?
b.         By writing? 
c.         By chatting over a few drinks?

Answer:  ????
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Who is Michael’s favorite actor of all time? An avid adventure seeker, racecar driver, motorcycle racer, etc. He did many of his own stunts in movies. This guy could do no wrong and he never had to wear a shirt that said, “I’m Awesome!”.  Dr Gregory House as well as Rick Harrison (From the TV show, Pawn Stars) are huge fans also of this guy. A real Man’s man!

Answer:   Steve McQueen. He once said, “I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than to wake up in the middle of any city anytime.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy wants me to remind you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment