Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tuesday


Tuesday, Oct 29, 2013

Todays music trivia is not so much a well known band but a band I think I first heard on Saturday Night Live many years ago, probably in the early 90s.  I believe they actually formed as a band in the mid 80s. The story behind the band is the lead singer was in the audience when this band was playing and she apparently just jumped up on stage and started singing words she made up as she went along.  This song, “What I Am”, came to be their first hit on their first album, “Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars”.  To tell you the truth, this is really the only song I recognize them by.  They only had two albums published before the lead singer left the band.  Can you name this alternative band?

Readership seems to be waning lately.  Am I bitching too much and not providing any entertainment for you all?  Sorry, but life has been biting me in the ass lately and it is hard to be entertaining.  We will try a bit harder to provide some fun and value. It is slightly better than reading the newspapers or watching the news.

A friend gave Snoopy a new harness the other night.  I tried to put it on her but it looks like it was made improperly.  It seems one of the straps on the harness is twisted and totally backwards.  I’ll take another look at it but it did not seem correct when I was checking it out last night.  Maybe I was installing it incorrectly?  Who knows?

Last night the St Louis Cardinals lost Game 5 to the Boston Red Sox 3-1 in another pitching dual.  The problem with a pitching dual is that it can be an extremely boring game for spectators to watch.  Americans like high scoring games, this is why soccer is not that popular here in the US.  That is why basketball is popular here, especially during March Madness. The Cardinals need to win two games at Boston, which will take a monumental feat and a little bit of luck.  David Ortiz is on fire and he seems to be unstoppable at the plate.  Since I have many friends who are from Boston, I get a lot of grief from these folks.  Most people know that Boston fans are quite loyal to their sports teams.  I really don’t want to listen to them boast non-stop for another year.  There was been two games this series that finished on strange plays.  One game was won on an obstruction play and one was won with a pickoff at first base. Anyways, Game 6 is tomorrow night at Fenway Park in Boston.  

This past weekend, the Formula One Championship was won by Sebastian Vettel, the young German driver for Team Red Bull, in India.  He has been dominant the past 4 seasons only being challenged by the Spaniard, Fernando Alonzo, for Team Ferrari.  Ferrari is the team I have always followed since I was a kid and this year it seems like we had no chance in this year’s championship.  Vettel and Team Red Bull seemed to have this year locked in.  Hopefully the changes to the regulations next year will make some of the factors even out for a more exciting and more competitive Formula One Championship season.  It does get a bit boring when the same guy wins all of the time. I mean, what fun is that to watch?  A more competitive season makes for a more entertaining motorsport to watch.
The temperature here in Southern California has cooled off drastically.  It is a time to remove my stand-alone air conditioner unit I have installed in the bedroom.  I have noticed the morning temperature has been a bit cooler and the need for this appliance has pretty much passed for this season.  Even though some daytime temperatures still reach a high worth using an air conditioner, I believe it is safe that I can now store this unit for the year.  

We have not been down at the beach for a couple of weeks now.  As most of you know, the beach is usually a daily visit we make a point to do.  With the baseball playoffs and other events getting in the way, we really miss the beach and that quality time in our day.  It is sort of like a daily dose of attitude therapy I need each and every day.  I believe we could all use some daily therapy or meditation to keep ourselves centered and sane.  I know I need it as much as possible. 

Halloween is almost upon us and I still need to get some treats for the little critters who might come by this year.  Last year I was attending a party and did not get to see how the turnout was being my first year in this apartment. I hope to be watching Game 7 of the World Series on Halloween night, but then again I might be disappointed in the outcome of Game 6 the night before.  I guess just in case I’ll go pick up some Twix and Peanut Butter Cups before then.

As Snoopy says, Wag More, Bark Less…

Until then… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment