Thursday, October 17, 2013

For what it’s worth…


For what it’s worth… it’s Wednesday, once again…

Today’s music trivia is a rock and roll band from the 60s who’s distinctive sound and music is still played and enjoyed by people all over the world.  Their lead singer was only 16 when he started songwriting, singing and playing lead guitar in this band along with his brother Tom and a couple of other guys.  This band was only together for five years but their music left a mark on today’s musical scene having sold over 26 million albums in the US alone. Chances are you probably heard one of their songs on the radio today.  Having hugely successful hits such as “Suzie Q”, “Green River”, “Bad Moon Rising”, “Proud Mary”, “Down on the Corner”, “Fortunate Son” and “Lodi”, just to name a few, this band and their three letter initials literally became a household name by the 1970s.  Can you guess this great rock and roll American home grown band from the 1960s?

Sitting in my cube here at work for just over an hour today and my back and neck is beginning to tighten up already.  Sitting at a desk is not the best thing for a back injury or a stiff neck.  I have had enough office work for a lifetime and would never wish this kind of work on anyone.  Unfortunately, this type of work will dominate the workforce in the future.  I will be glad when the day finally comes where I can walk away from my desk, this organization and this lack of good management practices.  Traveling on the road is looking better and better to me.  A new destination is right around the bend or just over the next hill.  I can’t wait!

Last night, the St Louis Cardinals defeated the LA Dodgers 4-2 to take a 3 games to 1 lead in the best of 7 in the NLCS.  Both teams play Game 5 today at 1PM Pacific Time and the Boston Red Sox VS Detroit Tigers Game 4 starts at 5PM today.   I might have to take some time off this afternoon to watch the earlier game.  We have a going away luncheon today for one of our interns, so I might just take the rest of the day off after lunch.  I gotta try to watch the ballgame.  I like to see the Dodgers lose and all of the LA fair weather fans being crushed!  Go Cardinals!

Had a trippy dream last night.  Everyone had self-propelled flying machines over water that morphed in size according to altitude desired.  Very futuristic in deed! With everyone flying all over the place uncontrolled, it was like a hornets nest in the air.  Very cool but still kinda scary with all the air traffic.  A weird dream it was just before the alarm clock sounded this morning. I was glad to wake up for once.  I use my iphone alarm to wake up in the morning and I have the alarm sound set to the beginning of Pink Floyd’s song, “Time”.  That is the song that begins with all the alarm clocks going off all at once.  If that won’t get you up and running in the early morning, I really don’t know what will.

My texting capability has been hanging up on my new iphone 5s.  I send out a text and later this red exclamation point pops up saying did not send.  That has happened several times with this new ios7 software package.  With regular texting and even with the FB Messenger application.  Hey Apple, WTF is going on here?

Time to get this blog posted, a bit late I might add.

Wag More, Bark Less…

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb 

No comments:

Post a Comment