Monday, October 21, 2013

Mondays always suck, Mondays always suck…

Mondays always suck, Mondays always suck…

As the title states, Mondays always suck, and today is not exception.  How I look forward to sleeping in to whenever I desire.  Rarely does my alarm go off, but this morning I fell back asleep about ½ an hour before the alarm and it was not a welcomed sound.  I guess I should change my alarm ring tone to a smoother awakening tone.  Pink Floyd’s “Time” will make you jump out of bed.  I think we will try another tone tomorrow to wake up to.

Recently I have been having difficulties with my blog pages, so I will be posting a link daily on Facebook with the actual daily post location.  Please bear with me until I get this technical situation straightened out.  I apologize for this inconvenience.

Music trivia is into the Ds now… Today’s music trivia band is an excellent crossover band that blends rock with pop and also some jazz influences.  Known for their wonderful report with their fans during concerts, this band was one of the first bands to fully support their fans in allowing them the freedom to record and take photos of them live.  Even though the lead singer and guitar player is the songwriter and the main influence in this band, he insists this is not about him but all about the band.  Breaking out in the 1990s, this band is known specifically by their initials, DMB.  Known for his soulful voice and his diverse songwriting, this guy even has branched out into acting and has even appeared on “House”.  His music has also been featured on House and many other TV shows and movies.  They received some bad press in the 2000s when their tour bus driver decided to empty the waste tank in their bus on a bridge above the Chicago River, unfortunately bombing the mess onto a tourist boat anchored on the water below.  Without naming any of his songs or band members, can you name this awesome musical group?

Well, since we posted our last blog, the baseball playoffs have been finalized and the stage is set for the World Series which starts on Wednesday night.  The Boston Red Sox will be hosting the St Louis Cardinals this week for Game 1, which was determined during the All Star Game back in July this year.  Overshadowed by the Home Run Derby the day before, the MLB All Star Game gets moderate attention due to the consequences for the outcome is not realized until the World Series Playoff time where the winning league gets home field advantage.  At the time the winner does not seem that important, but during the playoffs several months later it has a direct affect on the outcome.  I really don’t care for this format because it has nothing to do with the teams playing later, fans vote for the all-star players.  I just think this format needs to change.
  
I am rooting for the St Louis Cardinals to win the World Series this season.  My family who never reads this anyway would have a heart attack to know I root for this team, which is fine with me.  I don’t have to explain or rationalize to them why I do so that makes things easier for me.  The Red Sox fans during the last several years have become obnoxious to the limit of acting just like NY Yankee fans.  Even though I have many friends who lived in Boston and are big Red Sox fans, I am tired of hearing about the Red Sox Nation.  Their unsightly beards show team solidarity, but they are an eyesore, really fugly and they really need to go.  They are not the Oakland As from the early 1970s nor are they hockey players playing in the playoffs.  They are some sorry guys wearing some very ugly beards.  The only uglier beard known to man is on the face of Brian Wilson, the relief pitcher of the Dodgers, which is his trademark, ugly as it is.  I think he grows that beard so when he retires and shaves it off, nobody will have a clue who he is and he can live in anonymity comfortably.  Sort of like the band Kiss did with their makeup, which they should of left on.  Nobody really wants to see four old ugly guys on stage let alone in public. 

I got another appointment with my attorney this afternoon, which of course I am dreading.  Between attorneys, doctors, Union reps and management at work, my appointment book seems awfully full lately.  I’ll be glad when all of this mess of 2013 is behind me and over and done with.  I really can’t afford all this drama and stress. Something is gonna give pretty soon and I hope it is not my health once again.  Pray for me this week, because I really could use all the help I can get during these next 10 days or so.  Positive energy can do wonders.

Before my Mother and Father passed away in 2003-04, I was planning on going on deployment to the Middle East for a maybe year or so for work.  I was all lined up then my Mom passed away, following by Dad passing away six months later.  So that kind of threw me for a loop for a while.  I began dating Patty during the latter half of 2004 and she begged me not to go overseas.  Then I injured my back again at work and was almost paralyzed from the waist down with neurosurgery hanging in the balance.  Needless to say, after then, I was quite restricted in my travel plans.  A guy in our office rather than deal with all the BS happening here, he has decided to go overseas for a tour of duty in the Persian Gulf area.  Does that tell you how much it sucks to work here with this poor excuse of management?  The lucky bastard…

Today Facebook had a slight meltdown affecting many, most likely you.  Man, some people acted like it was the end of the world.  I barely noticed really.  I go online in the early morning to see if any friends post anything worthwhile and to read and to check a couple of websites I follow.  I have tried not to post much on FB because I tend to PO a bunch of folks with political and religious comments, not always popular with the politically correct folks.  So I post my own blog to avoid those peeps that are to thin skinned for my blood.  I have also been trying to be a more positive soul and only comment in a positive manner.  Regretfully I backslide sometimes in a not too pretty manner. Hey, it happens!  At least I am trying to become a kinder more gentler blog poster.  No reason to piss off the entire society with my ruthless banter, or is there?  J

I guess I’ll close this post for now. It will probably take me an hour to post it the way it has been going lately.

Wag More, Bark Less…

Until next time… Be Good

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment