Friday, October 25, 2013

Thursday


Thursday…

Sorry for the no blog post yesterday.  I just was not up to it and I had things going on that kept me from it.  I doubt that anyone really missed it but still the same I apologize.

Tim B correctly identified “Deep Purple” as the band from Tuesday’s post. In fact, I believe he was one of the fastest correct responses we have ever received. Congrats Tim!

Today’s band was one of my favorite bands back in the 1970s and HS.  They were originally a biker band named, “Pud”, but later changed their name to it’s current controversial title.  Pat Simmons, one of their guitar players, has been a staple with the band from the beginning. Their lead singer, Tom Johnston, after so many years left the band and was replaced by Michael McDonald and the band changed to a more jazz -type easy listening band.  After so many years passed, Tom rejoined the band and is currently fronting the band touring and playing concerts. Their signature two-drummer line up has been there since day one and the ever-changing support members is just a reality of a large amount of musicians (eight) in one band.  Can you name this musical band?

Well, last night the Boston Red Sox defeated the St Louis Cardinals handedly 8-1 in Game 1 of the World Series held in Boston’s Fenway Park.  Jon Lester pitched a remarkable game for the Sox and dominated the game pitching for 7 2/3 innings.
Watching from my couch at home, the game went not as I wished.  I really hope the series goes to the full 7 games with the Cardinals coming out on top at the end.  More baseball is always good for me, especially at the end of the season. Game 2 tonight at Fenway once again… You know I’ll be watching…

I finally figured out how to shoot a video on my new iphone5s, but now I need to figure out how to attach them and photos to our blog posts.  Snoopy does not walk anywhere, she runs.  There is only one time she walks and that is when she is turning in for the evening and heading to the bedroom. I call it her long, slow walk. She comes to me and gives me kisses, then she turns and does her long slow walk to bed.  I will sometime fall asleep watching TV on the couch (which I call the coma couch or cc for short) and she will wake me up telling me it is time for bed.  Sometimes she just walks off whenever she is ready to crash for the evening. I kinda got used to her waking me up, but it does not happen that much anymore. I’ll wake up and look at the clock and see some time has passed.  I’ll go into the bedroom and there laying in her bed is Snoopy.  She will look at me like WTF are you doing? And I’m like, “why did you leave me out there all alone?”  She just wags her little tail. I finally got her long, slow walk on video and I want to post it, but I am not sure how.  I’ll have to study up or ask someone much more knowledgeable than me how to accomplish that.  I’ll be working on it I guess.

Gotta go, lots to do still…

Until next time… Be good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment