Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, Oct 28, 2013


Monday…

It has been 13 years since we lost Carrie Burke in a tragic drunk driver auto accident.  It seems like it was just yesterday we were emailing back and forth late nights.  She would be almost 29 today.  Such a lovely girl and a real angel.  We all miss you and think of you often.  We are glad you are in heaven looking down upon us with that beautiful smile.  Keep a close watch on us and provide us your grace.

I heard that the musician and songwriter Lou Reed died at the age of 71.  For you that are not familiar with his music, he was the front man for the unique band, Velvet Underground, and also sang the song, “Take a Walk on the Wild Side”.  He was often misunderstood and was many years ahead of his time.  I always enjoyed his music and his differences from other musicians. Thanks Lou for all the experimentations and the nerve to go out on a limb.  God Speed, Lou Reed!

Todays musical group, is probably the ultimate American rock and roll band of the 70s and 80s.  Truly America’s band of the time, their members are all independently successful and their work can stand on its own.  Their Greatest Hits album is one of the top grossing albums of all time even though it was released several decades ago.  Members include Don, Glenn, Joe, Don, Timothy, and Randy. Can you name this hugely successful all American band 70s and 80s band?

This weekend flew by way too fast.  I kinda got used to having three day-weekends and when the two-day weekends come along, it is quite a disappointment.  Looking forward to the day I have to think if it is the weekend or not.  Those days I so look forward to.  When it doesn’t matter when the weekend is will be a nice thing.  I guess the football games will kinda keep us on schedule a bit.  Waiting for that day!

Why does the workday drag on minute after minute?  I mean, it is crazy that it drags on for so long.  Nine hour days make things even worse, hour after hour.  The day seems to drag along so slowly then after work the hours just seem to fly by too quickly.  I wish I had time to find another job that I would actually like.  Maybe even find some management personnel that do not have a direct rectal-head inversion?  I have had bosses that I would take a bullet for and then there are bosses I have had that if they were drowning, I would throw them an anchor.  I really hate some people’s lack of management skills.  Can’t the workplace be a hospitable place to spend your entire day?  I believe that is the way it is supposed to be, but not so much here these past 18 months.  Your management should be trying to lift you up rather than trying to tear you down.  I hope that they feel the wrath of bad karma when it comes around to haunt them.  May they receive what that truly deserve.

Next Sunday @ 2AM we all have the time change back to Standard time until the second Sunday in March.  I usually hate this time change because there is not much daylight after we get out of work.  This always limits what can be done after work.  This restriction affects so much during this time of the year that it becomes depressing at times.  When I played golf regularly, the time change meant there is very limited time for golf after work.  That really became a sad time for me.  I wish I could play some more golf.  Hopefully maybe when the time change happens again.

I bought myself a Whizzer bicycle about a year and a half ago.  A Whizzer is a beach cruiser bicycle with a small two-stroke motor on it.  It is sort of like a moped before mopeds were invented and they were very popular in the 50s and early 60s.  Anyway, I had one built a while back and it has just been sitting in the garage gathering dust.  I think I’m going to break it out and start riding it more.  It can save a lot of gas and it is convenient to park.  You basically peddle the bicycle and when it gets up to speed you drop the clutch and the motor starts up.  It is one speed and only had coaster brakes with the pedals. I have a headlight and tail light installed and I even have a BMX bicycle helmet just in case an incident occurs.  It does not require any insurance and it can be ridden just like a bike.  I really never even rode it enough when I initially got it to break in the motor.  So, I think Ill begin riding it a bit more, maybe even to work since it is only maybe 2-3 miles each way.  I guess we will see what happens and how much gasoline I can save. It is pretty economical to use.  Cheap transportation! 

Snoopy received a new harness collar from a friend at the tavern on Saturday night.  It is blue (her color) and is supposed to not strangle her as much and won’t wear on her fur as much.  I guess I’ll try to put it on her this week sometime to see if she likes it or not.  Thanks again, Auntie Margret!  That was very thoughtful of you!  Snoopy gives you two wags and a couple of kisses!  Good luck on your St Louis Cardinals!  J

Well, the St Louis Cardinals lost last night to the Boston Red Sox in Game 4 to tie the series 2-2 in the World Series.  Tonight Game 5 will be played to break the series tie and then the return to Boston will follow for Game 6.  It has been a good exciting series which is what we all hope for.  The more baseball, the better for me.  I would enjoy a Game 7 as long as St Louis can pull out the final win. Game 5 begins tonight in St Louis.  Go Cardinals!

As Snoopy says… Wag More, Bark Less!

Until next time… Be Good!

-cb

No comments:

Post a Comment