Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday, after the Columbus Day holiday…


Tuesday, after the Columbus Day holiday…

Well, since nobody has guessed the previous few music trivia games I have posted, I guess I’ll post the answers. Were they too hard or did nobody read them as I suspect? Most likely, the latter… L

They were in chronological order… “Chicago”, then “Chickenfoot”, and then, “The Clash”.  The last one I’ll leave and maybe we have so readers that need to catch up.
I’ll give this last one from Thursday’s post, just one more day….

Today’s music trivia 3 man power band comes from Britain as a super group from the 60s which put out 4 albums during their career together. Songs such as “Strange Brew’, “I’m So Glad”, Sunshine of your Love” and “Tales of Brave Ulysses” were prominent on the radio waves back then.  Internal strife and conflicts kept the music exciting but the band was short lived as most great rock and roll bands unfortunately are. Can you name this British power band of the 60s?

If you actually read these blog posts, please let me know.  If not, there is no reason for me to continue to put any concerted effort into this endeavor.  Is it fun to play the music trivia game?  I myself would love to play, but I already know the answers. Anyone willing to do some roll reversals to me, that would be fun also.  Please let me know, okay?  I know there are a few loyal readers who are out there and we do greatly appreciate the feedback we receive.  Snoopy loves reading the comments provided.

I took Snoopy in for a much needed bath and grooming this weekend.  Is it just me or does a dog smell like it needs a daily bath?  I mean, I do not like the dog smell and it seems like after a day or so after her bath, she needs another one.  Our dog Suzie, back in the 80s, got a weekly bath and teeth brushing, which she really needed even though she was predominately an inside dog.  This tie they put orange Halloween themed bows on her ears which had to go immediately.  Snoopy is just not that kind of dog, even though she is a female.  No foo-foo things for her.  She does not like it at all and she looked at me like, please help me get rid of these things.  The girl that usually takes care of her speaks in this falsetto high-pitched voice, witch might be cute and all but not really Snoopy’s style.  I asked her to remove them before we left the store. I thanked her for the thought, but had to tell her that Snoopy really is not a bow in the hair type of doggie.  I think she understood where I was coming from.

Snoopy has a wonderful and curious personality.  She frequently entertains herself by doing playful activities.  None of them involves and kind of toys unfortunately. She will roll onto her back and just lay there for hours at a time.  She will roll around on her back also squirming back and forth which I thought she was scratching, but that is not the case all of the time I figured out.  I will scratch her back or even comb her back (which she loves) and when I a done she will go play and do her thing once again.  She is also smart and stubborn all at once.  Her carrier (which I call her box) has a screen gate and when she is scolded I tell her to get in her box.  If the door is closed she will pretend she can’t open the door with a half-hearted effort and then she will just sit there and look like she needs help.  Consequently, I can lock the gate and put a treat inside and she will work the gate to get in if it takes an hour to do it.  So, she can do almost anything, her motivation to do whatever that task is drives her persistence to accomplish the task. I have locked her in her box and she has jumped up repeatedly in to the top of the carrier until she has dislodged the carrier latches to basically break the carrier to get out.  She also is forbidden to be on the furniture, unless invited, but I know she climbs up on the couch and the love seat when I am gone. She leaves a hair trail where ever she goes so there is no denying the fact.  I think I need to get a GoPro Black camera to see what she has been up to when I am gone.  Sort of like a Nanny-cam, but more useful.  Now I just gotta figure out how to get the cash for that!  I know I’ll be able to use it on our backroads tour to document our travels! By then I should know how to add those things to our blog posts… J

We have been having difficulties with our blog page posts since we started this adventure.  The first page we started worked fine for a few posts then all of a sudden we could not access it ever again, so we started another blog page very similar to the first one.  That worked fine for several months and then about a week or so we lost access to that page.  WTF?  What the heck are we doing wrong with these blog pages?  If it is not the Mac world of computers giving me grief or the blog pages or the new iphone features, I just have been having technological difficulties beyond my control and capabilities.  These frustrations are overwhelming me lately!

The baseball playoffs are now into the NL & AL Championship Series and it has been quite exciting.  Some folks may not like the pitching oriented and low scoring games but it still can be exciting to watch if you understand the inside game.  Most folks who don’t understand the inside game think the low scoring games are boring.  I can understand that, but once you know the inside game and the subtle nuances of the game, you would be hooked.  It takes a while to really learn the game, but it is worth the trouble.  The Boston Red Sox play the Detroit Tigers tonight for game 3 of the ALCS. The last game was very exciting, especially at the very end.  That is the good thing about baseball, there is no time limit.  It all comes down to the last out in baseball and in theory, you can comeback from a deficit if all goes right.  In a timed sport, if you are down by so many points, it is impossible to come back.  Baseball is not timed, so it can go on for infinity in theory.  George Carlin years ago did a skit on baseball VS football, which of course, was very funny.  Listen to it sometime and you will agree.  Anyways, we are looking forward to the ballgames this week.


It seems that more women read our blog than men.  I wonder why that is?  Men are too busy to read through all this banter I guess?  WTF do these guys have to write about that would interest us men?  I thought the music trivia game would draw in some readers, but it does not appear so.  I know a few guys who read it sporadically, but I don’t believe we have any regular men readers.  Maybe we can conspire against the men somehow in a way they have no idea what we are doing against them?  Anybody have any ideas?  Snoopy says she is game to try anything fun!

I guess we will close for now…

As Snoopy always says, Wag More, Bark Less…

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment