Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday, November 24, 2014





For What It’s Worth                                                                            - 37 Days and Counting


Formula One
The exciting 2014 F-1 Championship season came to close yesterday as Britain’s own Lewis Hamilton became a 2 time World Champion winning the final race in the Middle Eastern country of Bahrain.  The season was a closely fought one between the two Mercedes teammates coming down to the final race, especially since the points for this final race were doubled. Unfortunately, Hamilton’s teammate Nico Rosberg’s car developed mechanical problems relatively early in the race causing him to nurse it to the end of the race.  Otherwise, it was a closely fought season that came down to the wire with Hamilton winning the Championship title over Rosberg.  Next season brings many changes with drivers moving to different teams.  My favorite driver, Fernando Alonzo is leaving my favorite F-1 Team, Ferrari, and is being replaced by former 4 time World Champion Sebastian Vettel, who has spent his entire career driving for Team Red Bull.  It will be another interesting season to say the least.


Thanksgiving
Last year I had a friend in town who made a very nice Thanksgiving meal.  The leftovers I also milked for another week or so, which was very nice.  I was fat and happy for quite a while afterwards.  This year my buddy said he was going to cook a Thanksgiving meal, but I am not sure I will attend.  I tend to over eat and right now that is not such a good thing.  Who knows, I might change my mind and go over to his place for the feast.  How can I turn down a feast like that?  I wonder of Snoopy would want to go too?


Black Friday
It seems that the build up to Black Friday has overshadowed the Thanksgiving holiday this year.  All I see over the internet is Black Friday specials being advertised and very little about the Thanksgiving holiday.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been surpassed by the opportunity to save some dollars on gifts instead.  It is such a shame.  I loved the Thanksgiving feasts, watching football and of course the obligatory nap during the day.  And of course, the parade. Who could forget the all the parades?  We should all stop worrying about the Black Friday shopping deals and get back to the Thanksgiving celebrations.  I would be thankful for that! 


Famous Quotes and Words of Wisdom

“We either make ourselves 
miserable or we make 
ourselves strong.  
The amount of work is the same.”

                                                  - Carlos Castenada

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snoopy asks that you… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment