Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Hubey! Tuesday, November 4, 2014

                                                                      
                                                                        Happy Birthday to my good friend Hubey!


For What It’s Worth                                                 - 57 Days and Counting


Retirement Celebration & Luncheon
I am perplexed and unable to decide on when to have this Retirement Luncheon event take place, and maybe you peeps can pro die us some input.  Since Friday, January 2, 2015 is my official last day of work, and most people here at work will not be in the office then, should we have the luncheon weeks before or after I have retired already? I have several friends who have said they will come to town for the event, so I need to decide pretty soon on the date.  I have so much to do before then it is difficult to decide when to have this event.  Any suggestions?


Road Trip Preparations
It is about time now that I take Linus in for some mechanical attention since I have a smog check due in January as well as our long road trip a few months after then.  I know I can’t plan for all things that could happen, but to take preventative measures and ensure your vehicle and home for the next several months is in the best condition that you can is worth so very much.  Like I have mentioned previously, we plan to do several week long adventures before our long road trip out surviving on our own in areas with little or no outside support.


When We Left the Earth
Last night I was watching on the Science Channel the documentary program series, “When We Left the Earth”, about the NASA and the space program.  I had forgotten how much pride and dedication I had when I worked supporting the Space Shuttle Program and Missions.  There I was in my mid-twenties working on such an important National program that was so critical to the exploration of space and for the USA and for all of mankind.  I remember how sad and helpless I felt when the Challenger Accident occurred and the many hours I spent going over production, test and flight data trying to figure out what had happened and if we were a part of this catastrophe in any way.  I had already accepted another position for a promotion to go work down at the Northrop Corporation when all of this had occurred.  For the 9 1/2 months I worked down there in the Hawthorne, CA facility,most of my thoughts were wondering if I could help get the Space Shuttle Program up and running again with some confidence.  In November 1986, I was asked by the USAF Commander and NASA Team to go back to work at Rocketdyne to help the Shuttle Program up and running again, which I did and never regretted.  I never looked back or ever regretted on making that decision.  This many years later I look back with pride knowing I had some part in working on and supporting a space program which was an exceptional opportunity for a guy who loved watching the Apollo Moon Missions as a kid.  Any other job after this was just not as exciting as this and none other in the future could ever compare.


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

Isn’t it funny how day by
day nothing changes, but 
when you look back 
everything is different.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy asks that you please… “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment