Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday, Dec 2, 2014





For What It’s Worth                                                                                                                            - 29 Days and counting


December 2014
Today I start my last month in the workplace.  I actually did post a blog yesterday even though I was not in my office, so my last month officially starts today.  See what I just did there?  I am celebrating this occasion twice because… well for no apparent reason but to celebrate it again!  I am sure these last few days will just fly by as most of this years has.  I need to finalize my attendance list for my Retirement Celebration and if you are reading this, I hope you can attend.


Monday Night Football
Last night I was flipping the TV channels back and forth as I was watching my Miami Dolphins defeat one of their nemesis’, the New York Jets.  We actually came from behind to tie and then finally go ahead with little tie left on the clock to win by a field goal, even though the coach of the Jets did the “time-out chill” maneuver on our kicker.  We sealed the deal with a defected and then intercepted pass to cement our win over our east coast foe.  They showed a graphic that my Dolphins as well as my Chargers are both in the Wild Card Race as of today, so that will be interesting to see how it all pans out.  Let’s go team(s)!  :)


Christmas Season
Well, the Christmas Season madness has begun as Friday was the infamous Black Friday.  Did you know that Black Friday actually got its name from slave masters (aka owners, but I don’t believe anyone can own some other human) who tended to sell their slaves at the slave market held on Fridays.  Anyway, I myself was at work on Friday, and it was quite a barren location as I maybe saw 5 total people on our floor all day, which is the way I prefer the workplace to be.  

I used to decorate my two-foot high neon palm tree with ornaments, but when I moved into this apartment 2 1/2 years or so ago, it got broken by the movers.  I still need to go get my Christmas Wreath for my holiday decoration, as unfortunately I have no room for a tree at this residence.  Plus with Snoopy, I’m not too sure how she would be around it.  Knowing how she is with things, I can just imagine her jumping up and knocking the whole thing over causing another big mess to blame on her.  Like she needs some more of that in her life these days.  We will see what decorations go up.  I haven’t had any holiday decorations since my married days because I just had no heart in it.  Maybe this year things will change?  We will see what happens I guess…


Famous Quotes and Words of Wisdom

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.”

                                                                                              - Abraham Lincoln
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Snoopy says… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment