Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday before Thanksgiving week…


Friday before Thanksgiving week…

Today’s musical artist trivia band began in the turbulent sixties and changed part of their name in the seventies to reflect their continuing evolution as a band.  Songs such as, “Layin’ it on the Line”, “We Built this City” “Jane”, “No way Out” and “Sara” cemented their place in rock and roll folklore. With the band formed around Paul Kantner, Marty Balin and the goddess of rock and roll Miss Grace Slick, they were one of the survivors to make it out of the sixties to acquire fame.  Can you name this iconic rock and roll band?

Yesterday’s blog post was quite brief due to other commitments I had on my schedule.  My ramblings will most likely continue today in this post I am currently penning.  I sometime do get rambling on about some reference and go off on some obscure tangent. Anyways, I apologize for those rants and ramblings on. Congrats to Lisa K who correctly identified Jackson Browne as our trivia contest winner!

Out here in LA, for over 25 years there was a morning radio show called The Mark & Brian Radio Program on 95.5 KLOS Radio in Southern California.  They were even syndicated in other markets across the US.  Anyway, last year Mark Thompson decided to hang it up so he could spend more time with his family and his wife who was battling some form of cancer.  So he left to live on the East coast in North Carolina I believe and currently produces a podcast with his wife Lynda focusing on issues couples deal with.  I check it out time to time and it is pretty good.

Brian Phelps stayed here and teamed up with his good friend Jill Whelan, formally casted on The Love Boat, to do their own podcast production, which I subscribe to.  I really miss the old M&B show but this new podcast, The Brian & Jill Show (or as they like to call it The BJ Show) is pretty good.  And the good thing about a podcast is you can listen to it at your convenience. Some days I get too busy but I can always retrieve them when I need them.  I am pleasantly surprised that it has turned out so good and they already have quite a loyal following. I do enjoy the new show and try to follow them on a regular basis since it is just over an hour presentation.  I recommend you try to catch their show if you need some humor in your day, like I do.

So, I have been contemplating whether or not to get a Christmas tree this holiday season.  I need to remember that I have a dog now and would that be an accident waiting to happen?  Snoopy tends to get into everything she can.  Plus I am not sure where I could even put it in my tiny apartment.  Maybe I can get a tiny tree? I used to have a neon palm tree that I used to hang ornaments on, but the movers broke it last year when I moved into this current apartment.  They didn’t even move it, I did.  I walked into the room and it was lying on the floor broken.  I was so pissed off that I paid them $100 less than we agreed upon, which I told them would happen if they broke anything.  They were not happy, but I was less happy than they were. When we had an artificial tree we would always get a real wreath so we had the real tree smell in the house.  Maybe I’ll do that this year?
Next week is Thanksgiving week and we may not be posting to our blog page.  If we do, we will let you know via Facebook as usual.  Most likely it won’t be happening next week.  Not that anyone will be missing anything good if we don’t post… just saying.  It will be nice to take a break and be able to relax and not have to worry that I need to meet my self-imposed deadline to get the blog post published. Like yesterday’s very short and very late post that we just threw out there just to get it out there. 

I am debating if I should order a Thanksgiving meal from Boston Market or not for next Thursday.  I definitely don’t plan on cooking a turkey and all the fixings.  If I do, then I’ll need some place to put all of the leftovers.  Don’t get me wrong, I love eating leftovers!  I am just wondering how much food I would get with the Thanksgiving meal order and will I get tired of eating the same foods for days on end.  I do love the typical Thanksgiving foods, especially the cranberry sauce straight out of the can.  Maybe I’ll order a meal and savor the leftovers for days and days… J

We will let you know if we post on our blog page next week via Facebook.

Until there… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment